Offering consulting, mentoring and strategic planning services for small and mid-sized chambers of commerce, associations, and other nonprofit organizations.
Claire Louder, IOM, CAE, MPP has been a chamber and association executive since 1989, including most recently 10 years with the West Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce in Odenton, Maryland. She is passionate about helping organizations succeed through establishing strategic direction and adopting industry best practices. She is a 2009 graduate of the U.S. Chamber’s Institute for Organization Management (Northeast), and a Certified Association Executive (CAE). She is a past member of the Northeast Board of Regents, a past President of the Maryland Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (MACCE), and the 2012 recipient of MACCE’s Chamber Executive of the Year award. She also hold a Master of Public Policy from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government (1989).
She recently formed her own consulting company, Louder NonProfit Strategies, LLC, to provide strategic planning, benchmarking, and mentoring to chamber and association clients. As the recent executive of a small chamber, she seeks to offer such services at a price point affordable to smaller organizations. She serves as faculty for the US Chamber’s Institute for Organization Management and for the Chamber Professionals Online Conference teaching board governance, strategic planning, and leadership.
“Empowering Others to Make a Difference in Their Community”
Recent clients have included:
Certificates and Teaching
- Faculty Member, Institute for Organization Management, US Chamber Foundation, 2016 – 2018
- Certified Association Executive (CAE), American Society of Association Executives, 2014
- Certificate in Nonprofit Organization Management (IOM), Institute for Organization Management (IOM), 2009
- Certified Facilitator, “Seven Habits of Highly Effective People,” 2001
- Department of the Army Commander’s Award for Public Service, 2016
- Chamber Executive of the Year, Maryland Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (MACCE), 2012
- Tribute to Women in Industry Award, YWCA of Anne Arundel County, 2012
- Department of the Army Certificate of Appreciation for Patriotic Civilian Service, 2011
- Kaiserslautern Military Community Volunteer of the Year, 2001
Non-Profit and Government Experience
2017 – Anne Arundel County Commission on Government Innovation & Effectiveness – Executive Director
2007 – 2017 – West Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce – President & CEO
1999 – 2003 – Mom2Mom Peer Support Program – Co-Founder
1995-1997 – Associated Builders and Contractors of Texas – Executive Director
1994-1995 – Associated Builders and Contractors, South Texas – Executive Director
1992-1993 – San Antonio Health Care Partnership – Executive Director
1989-1992 – Jackson County Area Chamber of Commerce – Executive Director